Glad your good - The Rock Creek park brought back a memory and a question that was never answered for me.

About 8 years ago I was at 3rd Edition in Gtown drinking w/ some buddies that flew in that day from out of town. I am talking DRINKING (I was 23 at the time) 15 beer and 8 shot drinking. Well, I fucking got behind the wheel - I have never done so since because:

Halfway back to Old Town Alexandria (gong about 20 mph over the limit) where I lived at the time on the Federal Road (GW Parkway) I saw the red lights. At this point I am fucked. People were offering me mints, gum , pennies to suck on etc.. I said fuck it - bail me out when you can b/c I am fucked - NO chance.

I didnt know if it was local or a fed but he is out and I am on the side of the road. He is about 6 feet from my window when he grabs his radio, listens to whatever it was that was being said and then by the grace of fucking god- runs back to his car and takes off. Thank god someone was in more trouble than me - and I have NEVER driven drunk since and will never in the future.

My question is - I was told that b/c it was a FEDERAL highway - I would have been in the pokey for 30 days minimum. Can this be true?